Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hilary

19 June 2010

IMG_3761

Today we went into Florence to go see Michaelangelo’s David. After waiting in the rain for more than an hour, we finally got in. I had no idea the David was SO BIG!! I looked it up and it’s seventeen feet tall! It was so incredible to see it in real life. The detail in the right arm and hand was my favorite. The veins in his hand and in the crevice of his elbow in particular. The more I see the less I understand how someone can actually sculpt things from a solid block. I don’t think I could ever do it.

IMG_3710

After getting back from Florence we went to the Giostra celebration in Arezzo. That was one of the most insane things I have ever been to! It was definitely a once in a lifetime thing. I’ve never seen such loyalty and dedication to a team. It got to a point where it was overwhelming because there were so many people and everyone was taller than me and I couldn’t see or get any fresh air! However, it’s definitely something that I will remember forever and if I ever get a chance to go sitting in the seats, I will do it in a heartbeat.

IMG_3801

IMG_3782

Hilary Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment