Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shannon

Have you ever gone to a place and looked around and thought, “This place is just too beautiful and too perfect to be real?” You pinch yourself or perhaps blink repeatedly to check to make sure that what you are seeing is actually real. I know that it has happened to me many times while being here in Italy. But I must say that this moment hit me the strongest when we changed base and arrived in Santa Luce.

IMG_6183

Santa Luce has stolen my heart. It is a small town with gorgeous country side everywhere you look. Our view from the apartment consists of miles and miles of rolling hills covered with golden wheat and green grass and sprinkled with various trees. Where out in nature exploring the country-side of Italy. I feel like I’m camping. And if you know me, you know that I love camping. What can beat camping in Italy? Nothing!

IMG_4064

So on Saturday, Steve, Mary, Trudy, Michelle and I came back from venturing to find that Giuliana had made us all dinner. I was so excited. My mouth began to water just at the thought of eating her food. We entered through the gate to find a long table set up outside on the patio. As soon as Giuliana brought out some yummy pasta and salad, we dug in. It was amazing! Not only were we able to enjoy great food and great company, but also a perfect view of the sunset. Can I just hire Giuliana to be my personal chef?

IMG_6850

After dinner and after we had cake from a mini birthday celebration for Steve, (p.s. Steve Happy Birthday) we walked out into the trees to find fireflies glowing in the bushes. I had never before seen fireflies and have never been more thrilled to see them. I was literally jumping with excitement at the sight of the flickering lights flying around the property. It was just like the twinkling lights you see at Disneyland, but these were real fireflies!! It was magical. I stood there looking at the amazing sight of twinkling fireflies, gorgeous scenery, and people that I have grown to love and thought…

“There is no place I would rather be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment