Saturday, July 3, 2010

Giuliana

Hello everyone and thank you for following us in our journey in Italy.
Not too long ago I gave you the " Benvenuto" to our program and now, I am about to say goodbye. Tempus Fugit as the Romans would put it.

IMGP4004 

I have visited numerous  regions in Italy that have warmed my heart over the last thirty plus years, but I must admit that two places in particular do touch me deeply and resonate with my soul. I speak of Umbria and Tuscany.  Of Umbria most of you have heard me speak before, with Spoleto being my dearest town, but now Tuscany  rivals the stoic gem.  In Tuscany I discovered little jewels, "borghi" that sit atop gentle hills,  intanct medieval villages, pristine churches, kind and passionate people... I could go on and on about this lovely area so well organized and put together by its predeccessor and great leader Leopoldo II.  Beautiful towns such as Anghiari, Lucignano, Sansepolcro, have left imprints in my mind, heart and soul.  I am about to say "arrivederci" to these splendid areas and all I can think is about the time when I will once again walk along the majestic medieval walls of Tuscany.


A presto,
Giuliana


DSCF0339

No comments:

Post a Comment