Saturday, July 3, 2010

Michelle

Hey every one sorry for not posting sooner but I was having serious problems with the internet here at our Arezzo place. First off Arezzo is definitely bigger than Spoleto! Arezzo is a medieval town and just recently they had their jousting tournament.

That was really cool to see, but I do have to say that the people go nuts for that tradition here. The reason why I say that is because we didn't have tickets for seats, we had tickets to stand and standing in a crowed of all high school kids, some drunk and some not, at an event that they go crazy for like we do football in the states. I was with one of the other girls on the trip and we were literally pressed up against the fence line and could not move even if we tried. That is squished. Out of that whole jousting event my favorite part was the flag throwing at the beginning.

DSCF0290

Other than that day we have lost 2 of our members of the internship recently. We were sad to see them go for sure and if you are reading this Hilary or Julia know that we miss you tons and wish that you could have stayed longer. As for work recently we have been to 3 cities in the province of Arezzo and 2 out of the 3 I loved because they were small and quaint and I got to explore them for quite a few hours. The first city that I like was the one we traveled to and a shot at on Monday all day. The name of the city was Anghiari, it is a hilltop town with one main street that splits it down the middle all the way to the bottom.

DSCF0410

DSCF0264

The other city that I loved was the 2nd one we saw today which starts with an M but I can't think of the name in full. Sorry. This town was also on a hill but it also was smaller than the one on Monday. The reasons why I say that is because the biggest Piazza I saw was at the top and it was like half the size of a Maverick parking lot give or take a foot or so. The city was so beautiful seeing it at some time around 6pm or so because the light was just beautiful and that made it a moment to take your breath away.

DSCF0509

Well got to go now but talk to you soon. Buono Notte!!

No comments:

Post a Comment